Care & Services
Residents thrive, not decline
The Sarah Daft Home is a a Type 1 Assisted Living Facility.
All residents enjoy an inclusive, inviting environment with home-cooked meals, stimulating activities and many opportunities to come together and socialize. The Sarah Daft Home is a place where everyone is treated with respect and made to feel part of an engaging community, with:
- Three, nutritious home-cooked meals
- Medication assistance
- Bathing assistance
- Morning and afternoon beverage cart
- Weekly housekeeping services
- Weekly laundry service and linen change
- Transportation and escort to medical appointments
Home-like, not Hospital-like
The Sarah Daft Home is a community; a place where people come to LIVE. Unlike other corporate facilities, we are small enough encourage an actively-engaged life experience, with:
- Spacious, comfortably-furnished living areas
- Utilities, upgraded cable TV and wireless internet
- Personal service alarm systems in all apartments
- Personal telephones and service in every apartment
- Peaceful grounds, gardens and large covered deck
- Resident "household" engagements
- Exercise and yoga programs
- Hair salon and Podiatry services available
- Field trips: shopping, movies, senior centers, restaurants, community events
Caring medical professionals
Interdisciplinary team care is known to improve the overall health of older adults. The Family Medicine Residency Program at the Department of Family and Preventive Medicine, University of Utah School of Medicine, has established a medical clinic and training site for family medicine residents at the Sarah Daft Home.
The clinic is interdisciplinary and consists of team members and physician assistants from geriatrics, family medicine, pharmacy, nutrition and gerontology. The clinic is held three times per month and offers Sarah Daft Home residents the opportunity to have their care provided on site rather than needing to travel to other health care providers.
Family Medicine is dedicated to providing older adults with comprehensive medical care, along with an understanding of chronic diseases and the patient's desire for the highest quality of life possible.
It's like living in a neighborhood
We believe that life experience is enhanced when people come together. Community engagements foster a deeper sense of self, value and connectedness for all. Not only are the residents being served; they also have an opportunity to serve the community around them:
- The McGillis School
- Westminster students
- Local churches
- University of Utah students
Staff & Leadership
Residents first, not profits
The Sarah Daft Home is a nonprofit organization, meaning that we are for the people, not the shareholders. Leadership and staff works together with residents, engaging with each person individually. All decisions are made by those who are most connected to the lives that are affected – not some corporate office offsite or in another state.
"We have cared for the elderly for the past 100 years. Its something we do really well. We’re preparing to continue to do so for the next 100 years."
- Yoko Sagae, Director